Sunday, May 23, 2010

Holy Perspective Batman!

So even though I've recently been pulled back in and slightly emotionally tortured with his flirty winks and texts and touches, I'm working hard at keeping afloat and clear headed. Moving forward and all that. Taking everything at face value and not stressing until some kind of official invitation is put out there. And it's a struggle admittedly. (ahem, see drunken previous post)

But I'm realizing that I have girlfriends who are going through much worse than me and I'm kind of at a loss as to what to tell them. I'm not going to get into specs of their recent burns but they're having trouble finding closure and moving on. They're blaming themselves and when they list the bad things about their sirs, they aren't really listening to themselves. And I don't know if I'm in a position to jump on the metaphorical megaphone and preach to them. Because I know what it's like to not want to give up and to keep on pushing and taking fate into your own hands and putting yourself out there again and again. Okay, so technically I really haven't done that with him or anyone else.

So I really shouldn't be on the megaphone. But I have learned that if a guy wants to be with you, he will. He will slip and stumble through his own shit that he needs to get through in order to be with you. The girl doesn't need to do all that much. I need to remind myself, that we're the ones with the power. It's harder to believe it than say it for some reason. Maybe it has to do with us accepting our own self worth and letting go of the fact that a guy doesn't define us. We do. It's a simple fact.

I feel that this is the week that I can muster up those golden, gut-wrenching words, 'Do you want to grab a drink?'
Give him the green light, that's what I'll do. And if it turns out that he still has his breaks on, well, hell- I'm moving forward anyway.

3 comments:

  1. excellent post and i completely agree! if a guy wants u, he doesn't put out half assed effort. hope everything works out for the best! been thinking about you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and I also agree--great words about what a guy will do to be with you. Good reminder. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are the perfect person to holler in that megaphone because you are able to see both sides of what a girl wants and what she should do and you are able to articulate in intelligently. I couldn't think of a better candidate. ;)

    ReplyDelete