1. Awesome sense of humor/likes Bill Murray
2. Has a dorky side and is OK with it
3. not afraid to/ of change.
4. Has a creative side and acts on it (hobby/side projects)
5. In OK shape
6. Religion/politics POV doesn’t matter/ is OK with me not following politics
7. Family relationships can be good or strained
8. Cooks on a regular basis and is willing to cook for me/loves food
9. Handles own stress well
10. Can communicate with me about emotions/worries/stress/frustrations well
11. Enjoys traveling/geographically adventurous
12. Makes a steady and responsible salary
13. Talks on the phone (not stuck in text-only)
I went back through the list and counted. My ex was a 7 out of 12. A SEVEN people!! As my friend S exclaimed- we should settle for no less than TENS or HIGHER. With each guy you date aim to date higher and if you don't, then dump them. These aren't crazy requests, these are things that can and will be found in one guy. It's a great, transformative, perspective changing exercise that we should do every couple months as a check in to make sure our needs are in order. Would love to see your lists!