Monday, March 22, 2010

Pass Over

Passover is one week away. And the invitation to my great aunt's yearly dinner has been sent out many times already without a response from me.
I knew what was coming and I knew what I didn't want to answer...
But tonight, I get caught on facebook, and my second cousin IMs me:

"You coming next week? Is the boyfriend coming too?"

I decide to ignore the second question by overshadowing her with positive responses and excitement. A good tactic...I tell her about the wine and yummy dessert I'll bring and how I'll leave work early. And it'll be great to see everyone...
but then I get another message:

'And the boyfriend??'

So, I lied. Kind of. Well, yeah okay. I lied.

Lie: "I'll extend the invitation. Though I'm not sure if he'll be able to make it.

Truth: I won't be extending the invitation unless there is a drastic hit in our communication within the next week. And I know he won't be able to make it.

Who lies to family on Passover? This girl...

maybe I'll break my pledge from previous post and get tipsy off the manischewitz wine, not be able to take the train home and have to crash at his place just twenty minutes down the road. Heck, it could turn into one great Monday night.

Ugh. Fine, I'll be good and stick with the cranberry juice.
A girl can dream okay??

No comments:

Post a Comment