Friday, January 27, 2012

Anything Else

If what you’re doing isn’t working, try anything else. I heard that line in a Woody Allen movie and don’t apply it to my own life enough. It’s time to.

A friend set me up with a guy on Wednesday night. The only problem was- the set up took place when were out at last call after hours of drinking. At one point I told him I thought he was gay, he then took the next couple of hours to prove me wrong with hardcore flirting over the pool table.

He’s older (shocking) and works in my industry (gasp).

He’s more metro then I like and also kinda short.

According to my friend though, he’s good in bed. Yes, they hooked up once, right as she started to date her last boyfriend.

I’ve never slept with someone my friend has also slept with but there’s a first time for everything.

I gave him my number when he asked for it at the end of the night. We’ve been texting and are going out early next week.

I wish I felt more excited about going out with him.

But the possibility of my lower half officially starting the New Year is enough for me to agree to the date. I haven’t gotten some loving since October with Chris (who I’m assuming got kidnapped by gypsies). It’s time people.

I’ve been reviewing my posts from this time last year. I was a hell of a lot more analytical and poetic. But I’ve gotten more comfortable with everything recently, the dips and hills. This time last year I was walking on eggshells and guarded.

I’m not on eggshells anymore. I’m on the stable hard ground that I laid down myself. I can laugh at the little things and swallow the big things that life decides to challenge me with.

Do I miss someone holding my hand through a crowd and making me coffee in the morning? Yes. But at the same time, my life has more weight to it now then it did a year ago so though I don’t have a boyfriend, I still have people I can grab on to when I fall.

And in the end, that’s all that really matters.

1 comment:

  1. Not walking on eggshells is a great place to be! Being relaxed and open seems to be when things go right for me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete