Monday, January 31, 2011

Dear Subconscious....You aren't helping reality!

I put in an 11 hour day at work yesterday. I was uptown at an edit, working with the creatives mostly via phone. It was a long yet productive day.

The old BF texted me in the afternoon asking if I wanted him to bring in another comic book for me Monday. He's been loaning me comic books since Walking Dead got on the air and I needed to catch up. I don't even say thank you anymore and I treat it the same way I do the public library. I replied Yes and suggested a couple titles. Ten minutes later I get another text from him:
'Sunday + Drinking = Dangerous'
I replied back:
'Sunday + Working = less dangerous.'

He then started asking me about what I was working on and how it was going. Next he offered to come in and help. I said no thank you. Then he asked if I needed a second pair of eyes. I said I was actually wearing my glasses so I have four. All set.

I wanted to mention to him that our internet kept flaking out so maybe he could do something about that. As if he was a technician and not producer. It would've been nice to hang out with him on a Sunday but he had been drinking and I was in work mode.
Last text from him- I have your back if you need.

Cut to this morning when I remember my dream.
I was in the edit suit with him and he was working on the internet problem. No one else was around. He was looking at all sorts of equipment and with a pouty face he concluded that 'my battery was dead and I needed a new one'. We both reached for the door knob at the same time and we ended up holding hands. He pulled me to him and we started making out. Ugh!
Great way to start a Monday huh?

4 comments:

  1. He sounds to me like he would like to re-enter those waters too-- just not in the way you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm slightly confused. so you're still friends with the ex and you work together or something? is he still interested in you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I agree with Bath.

    You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't dreams supposed to be our subconscious working out things our conscious has been ignoring? Or some garbage like that, I don't know.

    Sounds like he wants back in, however, depending on how long ago you guys called it quits, he may just be lonely, and looking to backslide if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete