Friday, December 11, 2009

Spoiled Schedules

I've been realizing more and more that I've been a tad spoiled in my relationship by being able to see him every day at work. Seeing him first thing in the morning before I even finished my first cup of coffee became a nice routine. Having mid afternoon cookies left at my desk each day became an expected surprise. Checking in with him on my way out of the office was procedure.

And of course now things have changed. My company has moved to a new building but my department's portion isn't done being constructed so we're in a temp facility. So since we are now 20 blocks away from each other during the week, I don't get cookies or morning kisses. I'm such a winey complainer, I know. There are more important things going on in the world. But seriously, those little yellow Starbucks cookies are amazing- like little tiny pieces of fluffy clouds.

So I guess the problem is now we have to work to see each other outside of work. And our schedules have been polar opposites lately, so it hasn't been exactly a consistent schedule. We still have the weekends in LI thank goodness. I love having a break from the city and just bumming around with him. I dunno..since this is my first real relationship I guess I don't know what the average normal, time spending schedule is...should I be happy with weekends and a dinner during the week? Or push for more us time?

No comments:

Post a Comment