Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Just call me Mandy Moore

If I could be any female celebrity I'd be Mandy Moore. 

I'm not ashamed to say I like her tweets, her music and most of her movie choices. 
Judge me if you will but I think every one has a celebrity alter ego and she's mine.

But right now I'm kind of itching to not be in her fictional skin. 

If you've seen Because I Said So this will make SO much more sense but regardless, enjoy.

Mom, text: Hi. Don't ask questions. 
What was the name of the broker you dated a few years ago? Was it Jason?

Me: What? No, it was Kevin. Why?

silence.

Me: Mom?

Next came a call from my mom. I answered hesitantly.

Me: What are you doing?

Mom: I found a 27 year old broker named Jason on JDate and I think he'd be perfect for you.

Me: silence.

Me: (stuttering for five minutes) 
Why are you looking at 27 year olds on JDate?

Mom: Nothing. Absolutely nothing. It's fine.
Go to bed, it's late.

Me: Mom...please stop. Please. Mom?  (more stuttering)

Mom: I have to go now. Goodbye. (hangs up)

Me, text to mom: Can you please stop being Diane Keaton now?

Mom: You may be pleasantly surprised. You can thank me later. HAGN.

(end scene)

And yes, my mother created her own text slang for Have a good night. 

4 comments:

  1. Your mom is awesome. And I love her text slang, she is so into the now, she knows what all us hip kids are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always liked Many Moore. Did you ever see her in that religious parody movie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like MM too. I feel for you. My mom came close to the doing same thing. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! My mom found a man for me last year, boasting that he knit and lived in Midtown like me. So it was no surprise when she called later and said he was gay.

    ReplyDelete