Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Adult Moves

I’ve decided to move out of the City  
and it’s the biggest adult decision I’ve ever made, well not including deciding to wear lipstick to work.

I’ll be saving over $400 a month and finally, for the first time in 5 years, stop living paycheck to paycheck.
Also I'll have twice the living space.

I’ll be able to do that crazy thing called ‘save money’.

I’ll have a commute for the first time since college but I’m actually OK with it. I always liked riding the train and analyzing people. 
So now I get to do it for 30 minutes at a time.
Plus I'll be able to read on the train! (Oooh)

I actually haven’t gone out with that guy yet
I’ve cancelled on him twice.

The first time- I told him I had to go look at apartments (lie) but then I ended up having to work late.
The second time- I told him I had to work late (lie) but then I went home and fought with Time Warner Cable via Chat for three hours.

Apparently I’m OK with doing anything else besides going out on this date.

Maybe I’m just waiting till things calm down after I move to go out with this guy.
Or maybe I’m waiting for things to become clearer with the Ex.
Or maybe I just don’t want to go out with him.

Right now I see the Ex once a week- we have a proper date and then an adult sleepover. We email/text every day.

I know I want more, I’m just not sure how to get it.
That being said I’m not sure how much more I even want. 
Why isn't Cosmo or Marie Claire coming out with an article about this? Come on ThoughtCatalog.com this is basic crisis material here.

I know he’s on my team and cares about me. 
I have a great view of the City from my office and soon I'll have a quiet, new neighborhood to explore. 

For now, while I move forward and Fall begins, maybe that's all I need and I can wait till there's a layer of leaves on the ground to sort out the other things that may need moving (ahem! job, relationship status, grad school apps). 

Okay, fine- maybe I'll need a pack of cigarettes and a bottle or two of wine to get me through this move but regardless, I'll get there.

5 comments:

  1. Moving sucks, I just did it, so its a fresh hatred in my life.

    As far as the relationship stuff goes... I would concentrate on moving before you make any decisions. Its hard to balance things while packing and carrying boxes. However, if you want more from him, why don't you just come out and ask for it?

    You are having sex, you should be able to come out and ask or discuss what you want from each other.

    Oh and dating a new person while moving... Well, if you find yourself choosing to spend an evening packing, instead of going on a date with him, might as well give him the heave-ho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with a little commute. Go with your instincts if you don't think you want to date this other guy don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, it sounds like you know what you want: re moving and the man (men). Everything will fall into place for you. I believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everything goes well with your move! Just remember its ok to take 6 months to unpack all your boxes. Thanks for your comment On my recent post. I think I WAS exhausted and falling down made me realize I needed down-time. Cheers! T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on some big-girl decisions! Always exciting adventures. And as for the boy, when you're ready to figure things out, you will.

    ReplyDelete